Saturday, August 02, 2008

The 11 Best Songs By The Faint

This week saw the death of one of the most important items in our lives. Scrabulous was removed from Facebook. At first, I was scared...did this mean I actually had to go and get a life? I needed to find something better to do with my time? Luckily, I soon found the email version at the scrabulous website...which I think I might like more than the Facebook version. But here's what I find perplexing about this whole situation, it's the fact that Hasbro's forced Facebook to remove the application from their website. The reason is for Copywright infringement. Okay, I get that in theory. But in reality, it may have been one of the dumbest business moves of all time. For months, people on Facebook have been playing scrabulous. Then, when they want to get a version to play at home with their friends...they can't go out and buy a Home Version of Scrabulous...they have to buy Scrabble. Scrabulous was free marketing for Scrabble! And what did Scrabble do? Write a thank you letter to Scrabulous for igniting a whole new legion of fans to the board game? No, they threatened to sue them. Now people are boycotting Hasbro. Good job!

The 11 Best Songs By The Faint:

1. Worked Up So Sexual (Blank-Wave Arcade)
2. Agenda Suicide (Danse Macabre)
4. Let The Poison Spill From Your Throat (Danse Macabre)
5. Call Call (Blank-Wave Arcade)
6. Glass Danse (Danse Macabre)
7. Sympton Finger (Wet From Birth)
8. Desperate Guys (Wet From Birth)
9. Your Retro Career Melted (Danse Macabre)
10. Sex Is Personal (Blank-Wave Arcade)
11. Hypnotised (B-Side)

Buy The Faint's new album Fasciinatiion...now!

No comments: