It's been three days since the Dark Knight tragedy. Not only has this type event become a common American staple...our reactions have become even more typical. Blame guns...blame culture...blame the media...blame the parents. It's like the blame will solve the grieving. If we can point out the fault and find the reason why this happened, then we can rationalize it. We convince ourselves that somehow at another time...we could control it. And...that will somehow help the grieving. That may help...but only for the people who are not grieving. In the movie, Bowling for Columbine...Marilyn Manson had the wisest comment of everyone in the movie. He said that in that situation, all he would do is listen. Because that's what the grieving needed. As humans we share a common bond that we all suffer in some ways. And when we're at our lowest point...what we need...is just to be heard.
The Gaslight Anthem taps in that American struggle that sometimes everyone needs to be heard.
Here are the 11 Best Songs By The Gaslight Anthem:
- American Slang (American Slang)
- We're Getting A Divorce, You Keep the Diner (Sink Or Swim)
- The Patient Ferris Wheel (The '59 Sound)
- Stay Lucky (American Slang)
- The '59 Sound (The '59 Sound)
- Boomboxes and Dictionaries (Sink Or Swim)
- Old White Lincoln (The '59 Sound)
- I Coulda Been A Contender (Sink Or Swim)
- Boxer (American Slang)
- Orphans (American Slang)
- Bring It On (American Slang)