Wednesday, February 20, 2008
Tomorrow I have shoulder surgery, so I will be out of commission in a Vicadin-induced stupor for a good couple of weeks. In case I don't make it through this simple procedure...hey, it happens...I'd like to leave you with a great unreleased nugget. Of all unreleased albums, Q-Tip's jazz/rap album may be the most legendary. Six years old at this point, it remains an epic album that would have surely reinvented the genre. An album so creative, it's one of the most sought after unreleased albums of all time. Currently, it ranks up there with Chinese Democracy, Zac de la Rocha's solo album, and Ryan Adams' Is This It. The only difference between Kamaal and the others, is that we know it really exists! It's a shame, too, the album is great.
At this point, I think Q-Tip has 3 unreleased albums. I wonder when he will decide to change labels?
Here is Q-Tip's - Kamaal The Abstract:
2. Do You Dig
3. A Million Times
4. Blue Girl
5. Barely in Love
9. Even If It so
Buy other Q-Tip albums...I mean album, here.
Saturday, February 16, 2008
Cheeseburger in a can. That's right. Now you can buy a Cheeseburger in a can. So many thoughts come to mind. Like, who the hell is the marketing genius behind this one? Who sits around and thinks that in some sort of reality...this is might the one product that the world is screaming for? The only person...or peoples...if you can call them that...that actually might find a Cheeseburger in a can appealing...are college students. And not just any college students. Very very stoned college students. Even then...you're going to be scraping the bottom of the barrel as far a collegiate campus go. Who ever thought of this modern delicacy wonder...good luck.
The 11 Best Morcheeba Songs (the Skye years):
1. Blindfold (The Big Calm)
2. The Music That We Hear (The Big Calm)
3. Trigger Hippie (Who Do You Trust?)
4. Undress Me Now (Charango)
5. What New York Couples Fight About (Charango)
6. Shallow End (Fragments of Freedom)
7. Let Me See (The Big Calm)
8. Crystal Blue Persuasion (Fragments of Freedom)
9. Big Calm (The Big Calm)
10. Howling (Who Do You Trust?)
11. In The Hands Of Gods (Fragments of Freedom)
Morcheeba's new album DIVE DEEP (without true lead vocalist Skye) is available now.
Happy Anti-Valentines Day. I do this two days late because it's about now that the novelty of all the schmultz has worn off and you're realizing how much money you wasted.
11 of the Most Hateful Songs:
1. I Hate Myself and I Want To Die - Nirvana
2. Hateful - Everclear
3. I Hate You - Green Day
4. One Step Closer - Linkin Park
5. Cool to Hate - The Offspring
6. Campaign of Hate - The Libertines
7. Recipe For Hate - Bad Religion
8. Hated Because of Great Qualities - Blonde Redhead
9. Last Caress - Metallica
10. Hate and Jealousy - Lucero
11. People Who Hate People - Bill Hicks
Friday, February 15, 2008
This week Roger Clemens faced off in a Congressional Oversight Hearing about steroid use in baseball. Forget about the fact that Congress shouldn't be wasting their time with baseball...but when did Congress ever do anything right? Forget about the fact that either Clemens or McNamee is lying in colossal fashion. Whoever is lying should be nominated for a freaking Oscar. What I am most blown away by is how many people are coming to Roger Clemens aid....how many people are blindly following him. Why is it when a celebrity is ever accused of anything, the fans refuse to believe that their idol could possibly do anything wrong...that their idol is somehow...not human. With the massive amount of celebrities who continue to break the law, lie, cheat and steal...how come we are still so skeptical that any of them would ever do anything wrong?
Go buy MJ's reissue of Thriller...we all know how much the album rocks...now get it with all the bonus tracks, including my favorite..."For All Time."
The 11 Best Michael Jackson Songs:
1. Beat It (Thriller)
2. Speed Demon (Bad)
3. Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' (Thriller)
4. Don't Stop Til You Get Enough (Off The Wall)
5. The Way That You Love Me (The Ultimate Collection - Invincible Outtake)
6. Working Day and Night (Off The Wall)
7. Give In To Me (Dangerous)
8. D.S. (History)
9. Billie Jean (Thriller)
10. The Lost Children (Invincible)
11. I Wanna Be Where You Are (Got To Be There)
Today's list was compiled by my friend, Sonny, who might be the biggest MJ fan of all times. Thanks! (although, I will have to talk to him about not including Smooth Criminal or Thriller)
Thursday, February 07, 2008
What the hell is the deal with the stimulus package? the government wants to give us $600 to go spend. Sounds cool, right? But where the heck are they getting this money? From a tree? From the Russians? From Bill Gates? No...they are getting the money from us. We are giving the government money in the form of taxes, then the government is turning around and giving it back to us. Why even take it in the first place if you're not going to use it?
The theory is to trick us into thinking this is free money...no strings attached so we run out and spend it not realizing this is money we probably actually need...granted, I'm already planning to use my check for an HD TV. Any suggestions?
Why do this? Because the economy is stagnating. And when something is standing in place and not progressing the way it should be...the system needs an adrenaline injection in the arm. The government can't go door-to-door and kick everyone in the ass all the way to the store...so instead, they are bribing them to do it.
Today is Axl Rose's 46th birthday. Sun Yat Fai Lok!
Here are the 11 Best Axl Rose Solo Songs:
1. I Did U No Wrong - Steve Jones and Axl Rose
2. Love is a Bitchslap - Sebastian Bach and Axl Rose
3. Under My Wheels - Alice Cooper and Axl Rose
4. Back in the Saddle - Sebastian Bach and Axl Rose
5. Dead Flowers - Gilby Clarke and Axl Rose
6. Anxious Disease - Outpatience and Axl Rose
7. Salt of the Earth - The Rolling Stones and Axl Rose (live)
8. Free Fallin' - Tom Petty and Axl Rose (live)
9. I Will Not Go Quietly - Don Henley and Axl Rose
10. Bohemian Rhapsody - Elton John and Axl Rose (live)
11. Stuck Inside - Sebastian Bach and Axl Rose
Tuesday, February 05, 2008
Today is Super Tuesday. And for all you idiots who ran around wearing your Superhero costumes...you've got the wrong day. What I don't understand about today's election is the shame that comes with voting for some people. I know a lot of friends who voted for Hilary but just won't admit it. Why? The race between Obama and Hilary is a race between two very similar candidates. It's not like it's a race between Hitler and Jesus.... It's a race between two Democrats who agree on almost everything. why won't people say they voted for Hilary?
Staying in theme with Hilary...why exactly do conservatives hate her so much? Many of my conservative-leaning friends think she's the devil. I asked one of them why...he said because she wants to raise taxes. I asked him how raising taxes to pay off Bush's massive debts makes her the devil....his response: "Because." Look, raising taxes doesn't make some the devil. Raping babies and eating puppies are things the devil does. Raising taxes to pay off a Bush's inability to be fiscally conscious doesn't make someone The Devil...it makes them responsible.
BTW, middle class taxes were lower under Clinton than they were under Bush.
The 11 Best Hot Chip Songs
1. I Was A Boy From School (The Warning)
2. Over and Over (The Warning)
3. From Drummer To Driver (Coming On Strong)
4. No Fit State (The Warning)
5. Baby Said (Coming On Strong)
6. Look After Me (The Warning)
7. A Glue Too Thick (Boy From School EP)
8. Colours (The Warning)
9. Keep Fallin' (Coming On Strong)
10. Sexual Healing (Over and Over)
11. Just Like We Breakdown (The Warning)
Buy The New Hot Chip - MADE IN THE DARK...with the very special Bonus DVD
Monday, February 04, 2008
Jack Johnson is headlining Coachella. I don't get it. I like Jack Johnson. Hell, during the 3rd quarter of the Super bowl, I could have used a nice dose of Jack Johnson to keep me from falling asleep. But does anyone who goes to Coachella like Jack Johnson? Even if you can find a handful...and a handful is pushing it...is it enough to constitute a headliner slot? Jack Johnson headlining Coachella is like asking Pearl Jam to play at the Republican National Convention, just slightly less dangerous. I get Portishead...I sort of get Roger Waters...but Jack Johnson? Really? There was no one else out there to wrangle? The Police, the Cure, Beck, Ryan Adams, and The Mars Volta were all busy? How about a uber-re-union like Oingo Boingo? Those guys probably have nothing to do... Or Stone Roses...? The Smiths? (Okay, the last one is a pipe dream)...but Jack Johnson. What are the organizers thinking...after 3 days of drugs, sex, and $10 bottles of water, you're planning on lulling everyone to sleep? I don't get it. But Good Luck!
The 11 Best Jack Johnson Songs:
1. Symbol In My Driveway (On & On)
2. Banana Pancakes (In Between Dreams)
3. Never Know (In Between Dreams)
4. Flake (Brushfire Fairytales)
5. Cookie Jar (On & On)
6. The News (Brushfire Fairytales)
7. Imagine (John Lennon Tribute Album)
8. Taylor (On & On)
9. Better Together (In Between Dreams)
10. Middle Man (Brushfire Fairytales)
11. Mediocre Bad Guys (On & On)
Buy The new Jack Johnson (Sleep Through The Static) at Tower Records...believe that!