Saturday, July 21, 2007

My Daughter's 11 Favorite Songs

Today my daughter turns two. And to celebrate her birthday she gets an entry dedicated to her. Yeah, yeah, get back I'm the father of the year. As an obvious audiophile I've been shoving music down her throat since she was born. She has liked some music that I love (Bob Dylan), she has liked some music that I didn't think she would like in a 100 years (Matisyahu). She dislikes some music I thought she would like (Jack Johnson) and she has disliked music that was God awful to begin with (Hinder...he he he). I expect I only have about one more year to force my musical choices down her throat, so I have a long and hefty year ahead of me full of prog rock, grunge, and Radiohead.

Here are my 2-year-old daughter's favorite songs:

1. The Jackson 5 - ABC
2. Elvis Presley - Too Much Monkey Business
3. The Beatles - Yellow Submarine
4. R.E.M. - The Lion Sleeps Tonight
5. The Terrible Twos - By The Time I Get To 11
6. The Beastie Boys - Brass Monkey
7. Peter Gabriel - Shock the Monkey
8. Matisyahu - Jerusalem
9. Elvis Presley - Don't Be Cruel
10. The Beatles - Drive My Car
11. Schoolhouse Rock - Lolly, Lolly Lolly Get Your Adverbs Here

1 comment:

Bill said...

She's got good taste