Saturday, August 18, 2007

The 11 Best Rilo Kiley Songs


I wanted to do a list of the best actors turned rock stars...but my choices were limited. Besides Rilo Kiley singer Jenny Lewis, the pickings are slim and none-to-good. There's Phantom Planet. But they're not good, they're just not terrible. Johnny Depp was in the band P (although they were actually pretty terrible). Bruce Willis, the Bacon Brothers, and Theo Huxtable have all journeyed into the world of decadence...all with mild success. I guess, I could list all the Nickelodeon stars that have dominated the pop charts (Raven, Duff) but again I'd be better off selling my ass for quarters on Hollywood Blvd. (been there done that) So I've opted to go very by the book. Tuesday sees the release of the new Rilo Kiley - Under The Blacklights.

Here are the 11 Best Rilo Kiley Songs:

1. More Adventurous (More Adventurous)
2. With Arms Outstretched (The Execution of All Things)
3. Portions For Foxes (More Adventurous)
4. Love and War (11/11/46) - (More Adventurous)
5. August (Take-Offs and Landings)
6. The Execution of All things (The Execution of All Things)
7. The Good That Won't Come Out (The Execution of All Things)
8. Accidntel Deth (More Adventurous)
9. My Slumbering Heart (The Execution of All Things)
10. Wires and Waves (Take-Offs and Landings)
11. Hail To Whatever You've Found In the Sunlight That Surrounds You (The Execution of All Things)

4 comments:

Allen Lulu said...

Robbie Rist is one of the best powerpop musicians in Los Angeles. He was also Cousin Oliver on the Brady Bunch. You know him. check out his stuff with his old bands The Masticators and The Andersons. There are also some LA based actors in Throttle Back Sparky. And when I say LA Based, I mean, have been working and making a living as actors for 20 years (I know, I'm in that band). Robbie produced TBS's album.
there aren't many but those are two.

Jay Allbritton said...

I can't believe how completely different our lists are.

Unknown said...

Yay! Here I am tryin' to find a couple MP3s from Under the Blacklight (because I've been too busy to make it to a record store), and there's my LEGO Rilo Kiley! Awesome. (Link, in case you want to, you know, link.)

Erin Sparkle said...

'Portions for Foxes' and 'With Arms Outstretched' would be high on my list, but my all time favourite Rilo Kiley song is 'A Man/Me/Then Jim' which isn't even on your list :)