Thursday, December 27, 2007

The 11 Best New Artists of 2007

I was planning to post the Unreleased Weezer Double album that was scratched inbetween Green and Maladroit...but I ran out of time...maybe this weekend.

BUT and ONLY IF...everyone votes in my countdown for their 20 best albums of 2007. Now you don't have to vote for 20...it can be only 10 or even 5...or shut...even just 1.

I'll compile all the submissions, tally them up, and release a mega-list of the 111 Best CDs of 2007.

Either email me your picks or throw your picks in the comment box....either way, I'll get them.

To start things off...here are the 11 Best New Artists of 2007:

1. The Klaxons - Myths of the New Future
2. Elvis Perkins - Ash Wednesday
3. Albert Hammond, Jr. - Yours To Keep
4. Burial - Untrue
5. Justice - Cross
6. The Cinematics - A Strange Education
7. Vietnam - Vietnam
8. The Whitest Boy Alive - Dreams
9. The Terrible Twos - If You Ever See an Owl
10. Satelite Party - Ultra Payloaded
11. Eddie Vedder - Into the Wild (technically a new artist)

2 comments:

Luke Fear said...

Thank you for your wonderful wonderful blog. I read loads of music blogs and despite what you've previously claimed you're not crap. You're the best blogger out there. Your posts and opinions are consistently awesome. Sorry for the ass-kissing. Here are my Top 20 albums of the year.

1. LCD Soundsystem - Sound of Silver
2. Queens of the Stone Age - Era Vulgaris
3. Nine Inch Nails - Year Zero
4. M.I.A. - Kala
5. Chemical Brothers - We Are the Night
6. Justice - †
7. Liars - Liars
8. Dan Deacon - Spiderman of the Rings
9. Digitalism - Idealism
10. Boys Noize - Oi Oi Oi
11. The Dillinger Escape Plan - Ire Works
12. Radiohead - In Rainbows
13. Simian Mobile Disco - Attack Decay Sustain Release
14. Teenage Bad Girl - Cocotte
15. Battles - Mirrored
16. Dave Gahan - Hourglass
17. Soulsavers - It's Not How Far You Fall, It's the Way You Land
18. Reuben - In Nothing we Trust
19. El-P - I'll Sleep When You're Dead
20. Future of the Left - Curses

Bin Flipper said...

I about shit my pants for joy every time I listen to Liam Finn's "I'll Be Lightning." It gets an official US release in January, but since I fell in love with it in 2007 I'm counting it. Does that mean I can count it again in 2008??

Go to Youtube and watch "Second Chance." you'll understand why I love it.