Monday, December 03, 2007

The Unknown: Nine Inch Nails - Quake




I've been a terrible blogger over the past few months. Sure I had one good week, but I have about 20 lists sitting in the queue. I'm so far behind, I still have not one but two Ryan Adams lists from back in July to do. Well, this is December and it's supposed to be a month of reflection. This is supposed to be the month where we look back and rank the best albums, songs, downloads, etc. etc. Instead I have to spend the month getting caught up. Otherwise the 11 Best Axl Rose guest spots will have to wait until Chinese Democracy comes out...and that...well, we all know how long that could be.

The best of the year lists are to come...that's for sure. Including an attempt at the second annual Music Blog Awards.

I will repost the Soundgarden B-sides double album...the second of the Foo Fighters B-sides album...and of course another of the Ryan Adams B-Side collections.

Until then...here is infamous Nine Inch Nails soundtrack to the Quake video game. At the time, Quake was the highly anticipated follow-up to the incredibly popular game, Doom...which went on to be a terrible film starring the Rock. The soundtrack was never officially released, you could only get it if you bought the video game. And until now...you couldn't even hear it unless you were playing the game. Happy Hanukkah, bitches!!

A couple weeks ago, NIN released a remix CD that is a quite impressive companion to Year Zero from earlier this year...And I have to be perfectly honest, the remix Cd (Y34RZ3R0R3M1X3D) kicks the original's ass. Yep...I said it...sue me.

Nine Inch Nails - Quake

1. Quake Theme
2. Intermission
3. Start ~ Whispers
4. Grisly Grotto
5. Slipgate Complex
6. Underearth
7. Castle of the Damned
8. Necropolis
9. Ziggurat Vertigo
10. Gloom Keep

3 comments:

Calydon said...

Cheers, thanks!

Unknown said...

The Quake game disc music (made by Reznor) would play in a normal CD player, as the music tracks were normal CD tracks. Track 01 was the game data and would not be heard on a CD player. So, you are spreading a bit of technical misinformation.

J. Paul said...

I think it might work on CD players today. It never worked on any of mine back when i got. They had trouble reading the data track. I was always upset that I had to listen to it on the computer.