Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The 11 Best Arctic Monkeys Songs

What? Did you think I would reveal the top 11 albums of the decade without a little suspense? I'm taking a pit-stop for a couple of days to focus on some new releases this week. First up...the new Arctic Monkeys album, Humbug, produced by QOTSA melody maker, Josh Homme. It's a much darker turn for the AMers...sounding like Josh had a big influence on the sound. Is it a good direction for the band? Hard to say...still giving it some spins before I lay out my verdict.

What are you thoughts on the new album?

The 11 Best Arctic Monkeys Songs:

1. I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor (Whatever People Say I Am)
2. Still Take You Home (Whatever People Say I Am)
3. Fake Tales of San Francisco (Whatever People Say I Am)
4. Do Me a Favour (Favourite Worst Nightmare)
5. Dancing Shoes (Whatever People Say I Am)
6. Brainstorm (Favourite Worst Nightmare)
7. The View From The Afternoon (Whatever People Say I Am)
8. Too Much To Ask (Favourite Worst Nightmare B-Side)
9. From The Ritz To The Rubble (Whatever People Say I Am)
10. If You Were There, Beware (Favourite Worst Nightmare)
11. Settle For a Draw (Whatever People Say I Am B-Side)

Buy The new Arctic Monkeys, Humbug, right NOW!

5 comments:

Dane said...

:(

sequitur said...

I think that Fluorescent Adolescent may be the best of their songs. And not in the top 11?

Sam Karam said...

sequitur is right!! Fluorescent Adolescent deserves a spot in the top 11. 6th or 5th. :)

Anonymous said...

What about "When the sun goes down"?!?!?!?!??!?!

The Ole Magoo said...

I am a fan of Teddy Picker, The Bad Thing, D is for Dangerous, I bet you look good on the dancefloor, fluorescent adolescent, r u mine?, from the ritz to the rubble, perhaps vampires is a bit strong but..., brianstorm, and when the sun goes down, and pretty much all of them