Wednesday, March 07, 2007

The 11 Best Van Halen Songs (David Lee Roth)


Sorry, for the delay in posting. The new blogger is full of more bugs than the amazon jungle.


In honor of the Rock N Roll hall of Fame induction this weekend, the entire week will be dedicated to the bands be inducted.The first Van Halen album I ever owned was Women and Children First. I know, I know, what the hell is wrong with me. Well, I was 10. I thought I was buying the album with "Unchained" on it. Boy, was I wrong. But being a 10-year-old and trying to look cool, I pretended I bought the album on purpose. I memorized all the songs and most of the lyrics. Sure getting through "And The Cradle Will Rock" was pretty easy but try looking cool while humming "Could This Be Magic?" I didn't catch up with the rest of the world until the release of 1984. Since I was the only one in the neighborhood with cable, the kids had to come to my place to see the "Hot For Teacher" video. That video was one of those videos from childhood that never leaves you. When ever it was on, every kid in the neighborhood ran into my house and packed themselves into my mom's room like Elton John packing himself into a pair of leather pants. Who didn't want to be one of those kid-versions of the band members? Who didn't want to have one of those teachers? And most importantly, who wasn't disturbed by that strange Waldo kid? And what the hell ever happened to him anyway?


Van Halen is set to be inducted into the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame. Both David Lee Roth and Sammy Hagar. Will they both perform? Will they kill each other? Either result will be well worth watching.


So until Sunday......I brought my pencil...give something to write on!!!


The 11 Best Van Halen Songs (David Lee Roth):


1. Panama (1984)

2. Unchained (Fair Warning)


4. You Really Got Me (Van Halen I)

5. Dance The Night Away (Van Halen II)

6. Ain't Talking Bout Love (Van Halen I)

7. You're No Good (Van Halen II)

8. I'll Wait (1984)

9. Little Dreamer (Van Halen I)

10. Jump (1984)

11. And The Cradle Will Rock (Women and Children First)


I still haven't figured out a place to store MP3s. All the places seem rather expensive...any suggestions? Until then, the links will take to a place to hear the songs.

3 comments:

Cocodrilo said...

:( Cool List but altough I Love Panama the BEST Van Halen Song (well i really DON'T like Sammy Hagar so the original Van Halen rules!) in my opinion is Hot For Teacher <3 -that drums are sick!!- well, my list would be like this:

1. Hot For Teacher
2. Runnin' With The Devil (BTW : how the heck you didn't put it there?? ¬¬!)
3. Panama
4. Eruption (WTF??)
5. Jump
6. You really got me
7. Ain't Talking Bout love
8. Ice Cream Man
9. Dance The Night Away
10. Jamie's Cryin'
11. On Fire

Take Care

Unknown said...

Pretty good, but I think it goes like this.
1. Panama
2. You Really Got Me
3. Dance the Night Away
4. Hot For Teacher
5. Unchained
6. Runnin with the Devil
7. Mean Street
8. Ain't Talkn bout Love
9. Everybody Wants Some
10. And the Cradle Will Rock

Geary Don Crofford said...

Why does no one ever include the very best VH song, "Drop Dead Legs"?