Monday, April 07, 2008

The 11 Best Moby Songs:


Charlton Heston died this past weekend. I was discussing with my friends which were his best movies. Obviously, Ten Commandments...Planet of the Apes, Soylent Green, and Ben-Hur. But I threw in Bowling for Columbine. My friends rained down all manner of criticism upon me. How could I be so disrespectful at such a sorrowful time? Honestly, I don't think I was. Bowling For Columbine was an Oscar winning film. (Heston's touch was a big part of that) It's currently the fifth highest grossing documentary of all time. Armageddon is Heston's only other big box office feature and it doesn't even crack the top 50. And B4C was a cultural phenomenon. People get too touchy when it comes to political beliefs. A good film is a good film despite if it's made by a anti-semitic nut job (Apocalypto). And a good album is a good album...even if the singer is well...a bit off kilter.

Here are The 11 Best Moby Songs:

1. God Moving Over The Face of the World (Everything Is Wrong)
2. Everytime You Touch Me (Everything Is Wrong)
3. At Least We Tried (18)
4. Sunday (The Day Before My Birthday) (18)
5. Move (Move single)
6. Why Does My Heart Feel So Bad? (Play)
7. When It's Cold I'd Like To Die (Everything Is Wrong)
8. Where You End (Hotel)
9. Porcelain (Play)
10. James Bond Theme (I Like To Score)
11. Go (Moby)

Buy Moby's New CD, LAST NIGHT.

4 comments:

Alexcendrin said...

Come on babe and That's when I reach for my revolver are great songs also

Unknown said...

yessss because a documentary should be judged on how much money it takes in

Unknown said...

Spirit or My Weakness from Play/Play B-side are great songs too !

Anonymous said...

*God Moving Over the Face of the WATERS