Monday, October 06, 2008
The 11 Best Songs by The Streets
Female politicians are like the white rappers of hip-hop. It doesn't matter how talented (or talent-less) they are, other rappers of the genre always look down on them with disdain...as if they don't belong. Even the Beastie Boys who are as integral to bringing hip-hop to the main stream as anyone (even though they did it in their own rather boiterous, obtuse way) are by many people not considered rappers. Many rappers protested the VH-1 Hip-Hop Honors when the Beasties were honored. But like any closed clubs...eventually the walls come down. Mike Skinner and the Streets have already broken boundaries with their 2nd album, a concept album, which had seldom seen in the hip-hop world (only Mr. Lif's I Phantom comes to mind). But now Skinner reveals that this 4th release is actually the 4th chapter in a 5 album series, which is supposed to tell an entire story when all combined. Take that Pink Floyd.
The 11 Best Songs by The Streets:
1. Dry Your Eyes (A Grand Don't Come For Free)
2. Blinded By The Lights (A Grand Don't Come For Free)
3. Never Went To Church (The Hardest Way To Make An Easy Living)
4. It's Too Late (Original Pirate Material)
5. Has It Come To This? (Original Pirate Material)
6. Fit But You Know It (A Grand Don't Come For Free)
7. Could Well Be In (A Grand Don't Come For Free)
8. Hardest Way To Make An Easy Living (The Hardest Way To Make An Easy Living)
9. Pranging Out (The Hardest Way To Make An Easy Living)
10. Don't Mug Yourself (Original Pirate Material)
11. Empty Cans (A Grand Don't Come For Free)
Buy The Streets new album...Everything Is Borrowed.