Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The 11 Best Songs By The Dears

I'm not sure what to think of the Dears. To me, the band has always had more potential than punch. Maybe it was because I always confused them with TV on the Radio...or maybe it's that I'm always waiting for them to deliver that knock-out album slathered to the brim with sugar-coated Morrissey-influenced tunes. But they always fall short, shining through on a couple of songs then spending the rest of the album running around like a blind cameraman...without focus. I have yet to listen to their new album and am hesitant to do so. Usually I would run out and buy the album the day it comes out. (I always do this for bands I like...yeah, yeah...I still pay for most my music) But part of me is afraid that it will be a letdown like their other material. Until I make the decision whether the purchase will be worth the gamble on my wallet...

Here are the 11 Best Songs By The Dears:

1. Lost in the Plot (No Cities Left)
2. Ballad of Human Kindness (Gang of Losers)
3. Bandwagoneers (Gang of Losers)
4. Summer of Protest (Protest EP)
5. Who Are You, Defenders of the Universe (No Cities Left)
6. Whites Only Party (Gang of Losers)
7. The Second Part (No Cities Left)
8. This is a Broadcast (End of a Hollywood Bedtime Story)
9. Howlin' (Gang of Losers B-Side)
10. Raise The Dead (Gang of Losers B-Side)
11. End of a Hollywood Bedtime Story (End of a Hollywood Bedtime Story)

Buy The Dears new album - MISSILES

No comments: