Thursday, September 13, 2012

The 11 Best Songs By The Avett Brothers





My life is traffic.  I can’t go anywhere in LA without being 15 minutes late because of traffic.  I can leave an extra 15 minutes earlier…then I hit road construction…and I’m still 15 minutes late.  I’ve tried leaving 30 minutes earlier…then there’s an accident/road closure…and I’m still 15 minutes late.  The only thing that makes a the journey tolerable and keeps your mind off the explanation you’re giving the person that you’re late to meet…is good music in your car.  Music is my best friend.  When you’re fighting traffic that is bumper-to-bumper for no reason (which is the worst scenario) having on a great album of mellow, calming music is sometimes the only way to survive.  If you’re going to be late, then you might as well enjoy the ride. 


Here are the 11 Best Songs By The Avett Brothers:

  1. November Blue (Country Was)
  2. Talk of Indolence (Four Thieves)
  3. Head Full of Doubt/Road Full of Promise (I and Love and You)
  4. If It's the Beaches (The Gleam)
  5. Bella Donna (The Second Gleam)
  6. I And Love And You (I and Love and You)
  7. Paranoia in B-Flat Major (Emotionalism)
  8. January Wedding (I and Love and You)
  9. Colorshow (Four Thieves)
  10. Pretty Girl In San Diego (Emotionalism)
  11. At The Beach (Mingnonette)
Buy The Avett Brothers' new album, The Carpenter...now!!

1 comment:

The Mert said...

First off, great website. I love the intro's on the entries and the variety.

That said, no mention of Kick Drum Heart or Laundry Room? Either way, a nicely done list.

Cheers!