- Used To Be A Cop (Go-Go Boots)
- My Sweet Annette (Decoration Day)
- Boys From Alabama (The Dirty South)
- The Day John Henry Died (The Dirty South)
- The Fourth Night Of My Drinking (The Big To Do)
- Two Daughters and A Beautiful Wife (Brighter Than Creation's Dark)
- Ronnie And Neil (Southern Rock Opera)
- Birthday Boy (The Big To Do)
- The Sands of Iwo Jima (The Dirty South)
- Easy On Yourself (A Blessing And A Curse)
- Sink Hole (Decoration Day)
Tuesday, March 11, 2014
The 11 Best Songs By The Drive-By Truckers
The Drive By Truckers might be one of the hardest working, underrated bands spewing out music today. This band is so prolific, I could have done a top 111 list and all the songs that were left over would still be world's better than anything One Direction has ever done. Yeah, I went there. The Truckers may owe their fastidious nature to the ever-rotating list of singers that have graced the microphone. Not since Fleetwood Mac has a band been so open to sharing lead vocals with such a cross-section of talent. So far, there have been 5 lead vocalists on DBT tracks, including Mike Cooley, Patterson Hood, Rob Malone, Jason Isbell, and Shonna Tucker. With that much creative juices flowing, it's no wonder they produced the rich quality of material they have...and then some.
Currently the Truckers are back down to their core duo leads of Cooley and Patterson for the new album, but if history repeats, we're sure to see (hear) the Truckers continue to evolve adding new voices to the spotlight...and maybe some old ones.
Here are the 11 Best Songs By The Drive-By Truckers: