Tuesday, September 26, 2006

The 11 Best My Morning Jacket Songs



What more indie rock than recording in a barn? How about recording with mother f**in' CC Deville from Poison? Yeah, I kid you not. My Morning Jacket recorded with CC Deville for their masterful EP, Chocolate and Ice. They party with Cameron Crowe...they have beards. Is there nothing about this band that doesn't rock? Their new album is a double disc live concert that is supposed to be phenomenal. Too bad I hate live albums, so the chances of my buying it are about 100 to 1. Instead, I'll stick to what I do best...










Here are the 11 Best My Morning Jacket Songs:

1. O Is the One That Is Real (Split EP w/ Songs: Ohia)
2. Golden (original) - (It Still Moves) & the acoustic version on (Acoustic Citsuoca)
3. Lowdown (At Dawn)
4. Cobra (Chocolate and Ice)
5. By My Car (Tennessee Fire)
6. Sooner (Chocolate and Ice)
7. One Big Holiday (It Still Moves)
8. Where To Begin (Elizabethtown Sdtk.) MP3
9. The Way That He Sings (At Dawn)
10. Dondante (Z)
11. Rocket Man (Ch. 1: The Sandworm Cometh)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. I think I'm Going to Hell (Okonokos version slightly better than The Tennessee Fire version)
2. At Dawn (At Dawn)
3. Dondante (Z)
4. One Big Holiday (It Still Moves)
5. The Bear (The Tennessee Fire)
6. By My Car (The Tennessee Fire)
7. Gideon (Z)
8. I Will Be There When You Die (The Tennessee Fire)
9. Butch Cassidy (The Tennessee Fire)
10. Golden (Z)
11. Bermuda Highway (At Dawn)

Anonymous said...

1. Cobra (chocolate and ice)
2. I will be there when you die (tennessee fire)
3. I think im going to hell (Tennessee Fire)
4. Steam Engine (Okonokos version)
5. Dondante (Z)
6. Tyrone (Early Recordings)
7. West end girls (Early Recordings)
8. Sweetheat (Chocolate and ice)
9. Picture of You (It sill moves?)
10. The Bear (Tennessee Fire)
11. They Ran (Tennessee Fire)

St. Bunny said...

i looked at gorankem and they said these were the top 5 best songs from my morning jacket http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-xaOlLuAEg