Wednesday, January 30, 2008
The 11 Best Mars Volta Songs
Why do we watch bad movies? You rent a bad movie thinking that there's something about it you like. Actress, Director, even just a cool title can tilt your decision to sacrifice a night in the favor of this cinematic entity. Getting sucked into watching a bad movie is one thing...but why do we keep watching? After 15-minutes, we pretty much know that the show is either good or a waste of our hard earned salaries. So why do we keep watching? We've already flushed the $4 down the toilet, not to mention canceling much better plans... so why do we stick with this cinematic road kill knowing that the time we spend watching will never be returned to us? It's like we think if we stick with the picture that it will somehow turn into the epic we hoped for. But deep down inside...we all know that will never ever happen. Never. Why throw away a perfectly good hour of our life? We all know it's the wrong choice. We all know if we click the "off" button, we'll all be much happier. But maybe it's in our nature to never give up. That if we stick with something that sucks, when we get the prize at the end of the tunnel, that the victory will be that much more glorious. Or maybe that's just what we tell ourselves.
Here are the 11 Best Mars Volta Songs:
1. Miranda This Ghost Isn't Holy Anymore: Pour Another Icepick (Frances the Mute)
2. Roulette Dares (De-Loused in the Comatorium)
3. Intertiatic E.S.P. (De-Loused in the Comatorium)
4. The Widow (Frances the Mute)
5. Meccamputechture (Amputechture)
6. Drunkship of Lanterns (De-Loused in the Comatorium)
7. Viscera Eyes (Amputechture)
8. Concertina (Tremulant)
9. This Apparatus Must Be Unearthed (De-Loused in the Comatorium)
10. Take The Veil Cerpin Taxt (De-Loused in the Comatorium)
11. A Plague Upon Your Hissing (B-Side)
Buy the absolutely ridiculously awesomely new Mars Volta - The Bedlam in Goliath (and get 2 bonus tracks).