When the Arctic Monkeys closed the Olympic games in London a couple years ago, most Americans had no idea who they were. They all asked why did this no name band get to go on an international stage with Paul McCartney and play at one of the biggest events in the world? Where were the big English bands that everyone knew? The Led Zeppelins? The Elton Johns? What most Americans didn't know and still don't is that the Arctic Monkeys are one of the biggest English bands of all time. In England, they are the equivalent of Nirvana in the states. They expected England to entertain the world with what the world wanted instead of England had to offer.
This week, we enter week 2 of the NFL season. For years, Dallas had been America's team. But over the last decade, the Patriots took the reigns. Though the Pats are now 2-0, it's obvious their time is limited. Who will represent the NFL to the world this decade? The Niners? The Colts? The Seahawks? Whoever becomes the NFL's supreme team will be America's team, no matter what the rest of the world thinks.
The Monkeys are England's bread and butter, just as the NFL is America's. Both are exceptional, unpredictable, and something we can't live without.
Here are the 11 Best Songs By The Arctic Monkeys:
- I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor (Whatever People Say I Am)
- The View From the Afternoon (Whatever People Say I Am)
- Dancing Shoes (Whatever People Say I Am)
- Brainstorm (Favourite Worst Nightmare)
- Old Yellow Bricks (Favourite Worst Nightmare)
- Still Take You Home (Whatever People Say I Am)
- If You Were There, Beware (Favourite Worst Nightmare)
- The Hellcat Spangled Shalalala (Suck It And See)
- Fluorescent Adolescent (Favourite Worst Nightmare)
- When The Sun Goes Down (Whatever People Say I Am)
- From The Ritz To The Rubble (Whatever People Say I Am)