Monday, September 23, 2013

The 11 Best Songs By Jack Johnson of the 00s


As we're nearing this website's book release, here's another sample ripped from the pages of The 111 Best Music Lists of the 2000s.

**********
Jack Johnson’s debut album, Brushfire Fairytales, was one of the last truly great word of mouth albums.  Before the internet, word of mouth meant something more than a mass email or blog hit.  When you recommended an album, your music cred was on the line.  Your recommendation could not be previewed by 30-second sound snippets.  The only way to hear the music was to go out and buy the album.  So, if you were telling your friend to go out and spend their money on one of your music recommendations, it had better be good.

My good friend was so confident about his recommendation that he gave me a money-back guarantee.  If I did not like the album, my friend would reimburse me.  There are very few artists that can prompt that kind of blind assurance.  How could I say no?  I bought the album and weeks later, I found myself making the same money-back guarantees to other friends.  Not one of them logged a single complaint. 

Here are the 11 Best Songs By Jack Johnson of the 00s:

1.  Symbol in My Driveway (On & On)
2.  Banana Pancakes (In Between Dreams)
3.  Never Know (In Between Dreams)
4.  Flake (Brushfire Fairytales)
5.  Cookie Jar (On & On)
6.  Go On (Sleep Through The Static)
7.  The News (Brushfire Fairytales)
8.  Imagine (John Lennon Tribute Album)
9.  Taylor (On & On)
10.  Better Together (In Between Dreams)
11.  If I Had Eyes (Sleep Through The Static)

Fun Fact:  Jack Johnson records his music in a purely solar-powered recording studio.

Buy Jack Johnson's new album, From Here To Now To You...now!

No comments: