Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The UNKNOWN: Q-Tip - Kamaal The Abstract


Tomorrow I have shoulder surgery, so I will be out of commission in a Vicadin-induced stupor for a good couple of weeks. In case I don't make it through this simple procedure...hey, it happens...I'd like to leave you with a great unreleased nugget. Of all unreleased albums, Q-Tip's jazz/rap album may be the most legendary. Six years old at this point, it remains an epic album that would have surely reinvented the genre. An album so creative, it's one of the most sought after unreleased albums of all time. Currently, it ranks up there with Chinese Democracy, Zac de la Rocha's solo album, and Ryan Adams' Is This It. The only difference between Kamaal and the others, is that we know it really exists! It's a shame, too, the album is great.

At this point, I think Q-Tip has 3 unreleased albums. I wonder when he will decide to change labels?

Here is Q-Tip's - Kamaal The Abstract:

1. Feelin'
2. Do You Dig
3. A Million Times
4. Blue Girl
5. Barely in Love
6. Heels
7. Abstractions
8. Caring
9. Even If It so

Buy other Q-Tip albums...I mean album, here.

3 comments:

Rick Cortes said...

Thanks for the post. Good luck on the shoulder..

Unknown said...

nice stuff my dude

needed this

Pangea said...

I've heard about Kamaal the Abstract for years but never actually heard it. thanks for posting this in its entirety.

for what it's worth, I posted some new Q Tip songs from his new album The Renaissance on my blog, www.TheShimm.com.