Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The 11 Best Songs By The Antlers



I feel like there are two kinds of companies out there.  Companies who get it and companies who don’t.  I saw a news blurb about Google, who is out testing a driverless car.  That’s some awesome forward thinking.  On the other end, we have Warner Brothers.  WB doesn’t stream any of its movies for Netflix because they’re idiots and haven’t realized that streaming is the present while DVDs are the past.  But WB has their collective heads so far up their asses that they don’t even understand the DVD market.  On all WB DVDs they have 18 minutes of trailers.  18 minutes!!  And you can’t skip through this crap.  You have to watch the whole thing to get to the main menu.  That’s annoying the first time.  It’s worse if you take the DVD out of the player, because when you put it back in you have to re-watch the trailers a second time.  That happened to me last night.  I went to finish watching Matt Damon’s Hereafter.  After the first trailer, I didn’t have the patience to pursue watching it, so I took it out, sent it back and picked out a new movie on streaming.  Way to go, WB.  Your douche bag techniques drove me away from your product to someone else’s.  Congratulations for being giant idiots.


Here are the 11 Best Songs by the Antlers:

1.  Kettering (Hospice)
2.  Two (Hospice)
3.  The Universe Is Going To Catch You (In The Attic of the Universe)
4.  Bear (Hospice)
5.  Stairs To The Attic (In The Attic of the Universe)
6.  Sylvia (Hospice)
7.  Nashua (Uprooted) 
8.  Shiva (Hospice)
9.  In the Snow (In The Attic of the Universe)
10.  Keys (Uprooted)
11.  Uprooted (Uprooted)

Buy the Antlers new album, Burst Apart, now!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I've got to say I think Burst Apart is really quite decent, and I would put Corsicana definitely somewhere in the top 11 myself!

Unknown said...

I have to say Burst Apart was quite decent in my opinion! I think the song Corsicana would be in my top 11 Antlers songs, but I totally agree with all your other choices.