Okay, I'm not going over to the dark side...and no, I'm not becoming a pop music fan. But I can honestly say, I respect the guy. Of all the pop stars to come out over the past couple of decades...he's leaps and bounds more creative and innovative than the rest. When Justin was awarded the MTV video music award over Johnny Cash, he threw a fit and thought it was a complete travesty that he should win over the legend. I was blown away. I thought all these pop kids were nothing but manufactured toy dolls whose sole purpose was to sell a glossed out over-produced product. I never thought any of them knew about the roots of the music of what they were singing. Well, I was wrong. Justin is a song writer from Tennessee who has as much respect for the music that laid the foundation for him as the music he's making. There are influences from Michael Jackson to Prince to Stevie Wonder to Johnny Cash. I have to respect that. But wait there's more. From his self-deprecating performances on SNL with Andy Sandberg and...yes, his absolutely fantastic, History of Rap series with Jimmy Fallon...it's more than just respect...I've grown to appreciate his music. I think he's still growing musically...and I think his best years are yet to come...
Here's the 4th installment of History of Rap for your enjoyment.
Here are the 11 Best Solo Songs By Justin Timberlake:
- What Goes Around... / ...Comes Around Interlude (FutureSex / LoveSounds)
- Rock Your Body (Justified)
- Summer Love/Set The Mood Prelude (FutureSex / LoveSounds)
- Last Night (Justified)
- My Love (FutureSex / LoveSounds)
- FutureSex / LoveSound (FutureSex / LoveSounds)
- Let's Take A Ride (Justified)
- Until The End of Time with Beyonce (FutureSex / LoveSounds Deluxe Edition)
- I'm Lovin' It (I'm Lovin' It EP)
- The History of Rap (Late Night With Jimmy Fallon)
- Dick in A Box (Lonely Island - Incredibad)