Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The 11 Best Songs By Green Day Members:


I saw this in the store today and was honestly horrified. I wasn't just horrified that someone thought that a Bling Bling Barbie would be a good idea and decided to make one. Nobody comes up with an idea for a toy and just makes it. It goes through rounds and rounds of market research. Hundreds of parents were consulted if they would buy this for their kids. Hundreds of kids were consulted if they wanted this toy. What horrifies me isn't that this ended up on the shelf...it's when I think...what were the other toys that this product beat out? What other toys were so awful that My Bling Bling Barbie seemed like the best toy?

I weep for our kids.

The 11 Best Songs By Green Day Members:

1. Life During Wartime - Pinhead Gunpowder
2. Money Money 2020 - The Network
3. Song of My Returning - Pinhead Gunpowder
4. Supermodel Robots - The Network
5. Mechanical Man - Billie Joe Armstrong
6. 27 - Pinhead Gunpowder
7. Transistors Gone Wild - The Network
8. I Wrote Holden Caufield - Screeching Weasel
9. Roshambo - the Network
10. Big Yellow Taxi - Pinhead Gunpowder
11. Chocolate Rain - Tre Cool

Get the new Green Day album...I mean the new Foxboro Hot Tubs album...

2 comments:

Chris said...

neato, i just picked up the lp today for my girlfriends birthday. and got the double a-side 7" the other month. i'm glad green day still has fun left in'em. not too long ago pinhead gunpowder played their first show in like 7 years or some craziness. considering they've only played like 13 shows or something ridiculously low... you can only imagine how tightly packed the show was.

sunnydlita said...

Great list -- and timely too, with the Foxboro Hottubs release. I think my favorite off that album (that I've heard) is "Mother Mary."

And I've been looking for "Roshambo" for a while, so THANK YOU!