Tuesday, May 04, 2010

The 11 Best Songs By Minus The Bear


Car Bomb in New York, Tylenol Recall, and giant oil slick about to gobble up New Orleans, a knife-weilding maniac in Target, and the death of Lynn Redgrave...all major new stories this weekend.  But it wasn't the new outlets who were have an orgasmic party with all this...it was Facebook.  Every morning I awake to my hundreds of Facebook friends commenting on all the current events that are unfolding...as if every single one of them is an expert on every subject that occurs.  One friend cursed Tylenol for trying to kill our children (even the recall was about lack of potentcy not the other way around), one friend accused American oil companies of destroying our oceans (even though it was a British company's oil drill), and one friend pointed out that the Target thing would have never happened if everyone owned a gun (which doesn't make sense since the knife-weilding maniac would then have been shooting people with her legally mandated gun). 

I know having a blog allows me to the ability to voice my opinions on everything that happens.  But I try to keep a clear head and hear all the details before unleashing a flurry of a pointed accusations.  That's one of the reasons I don't rank new songs on my lists...because you need time to digest everything before fully assessing it.

As for Facebook...it makes me miss the days when status updates went more along the lines of..."I'm in the store buying gum."  I know it was nonsense...but at least it was accurate.

Here are the 11 Best Songs By Minus The Bear:

1.  Knights (Planet of Ice)
2.  Get Me Naked 2:  Electric Boogaloo (Highly Refined Pirates)
3.  Throwin' Shapes (Planet of Ice)
4.  Monkey!!!  Knife!!!  Fight!!! (Highly Refined Pirates)
5.  Dr. I'Ling (Planet of Ice)
6.  Broken China (Into The Mirror)
7.  Fin + 2PTS (They Make Beer Commercials Like This)
8.  Memphis and 53rd (Menos El Oso)
9.  Absinthe Party at the Fly Honey Warehouse (Highly Refined Pirates)
10.  Burying Luck (Planet of Ice)
11.  Drilling (Menos El Oso)

Buy Minus The Bear's new album, OMNI...now!!

No comments: